• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Checkpoints May 25 in Manchester

Started by Rosie the Riveter, May 18, 2007, 02:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

As seen in yesterday's Manchester Daily Express

Sobriety checkpoints coming Friday, May 25
The Manchester Police Department, in conjunction with the state Highway Safety Agency, will conduct sobriety checkpoints on Friday, May 25 in the City of Manchester.

sandm000

What can we do to snarl up the traffic, so that public opinion goes agains these intrusions into our privacy.  (Will they really be looking for drunks, or is it an excuse to look for DWB offences or similar?)
Indianapolis has used theirs for seatbelt enforcement (we're looking for drunks, but you're not wearing a seat belt, so here's your ticket) and in NY they used it for inspection and registration enforcement(we're looking for drunks, but since you're not, we're going to give you a ticket because you haven't replaced the inspection sticker in your window yet.)

error

The question, though, is WHERE will the checkpoints be?

Quantrill

There's enough of us in Manch we could drive around until we find them and then holy hell could/should break loose...

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: error on May 18, 2007, 04:22 PM NHFT
The question, though, is WHERE will the checkpoints be?

I have seen them in the past at the intersection of Bridge St and Elm St around last call...

KBCraig

When the location is found and the call goes out, just circle back continuously.  ;D

Quantrill

Quote from: KBCraig on May 18, 2007, 08:36 PM NHFT
When the location is found and the call goes out, just circle back continuously.  ;D

With all the cops on the street catching dangerous criminals (stopping random people and interrogating them counts, right?)  maybe we should all hang at the police station.  It would probably be near-empty, no?
:icon_pirat:

error

Dave Ridley (DadaOrwell) called me and said he saw one on Elm Street south of the bar. I think south of Valley. But he wasn't too specific on which intersection it was at. And he doesn't seem to have called 411 so I don't know exactly.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on May 19, 2007, 01:21 AM NHFT
Dave Ridley (DadaOrwell) called me and said he saw one on Elm Street south of the bar. I think south of Valley. But he wasn't too specific on which intersection it was at. And he doesn't seem to have called 411 so I don't know exactly.

This is Dave Ridley, calling to report in, that there is a, uh, sobriety checkpoint, police roadblock or police checkpoint, (if one?) should say, on Elm Street in Manchester, about ... I'd guess roughly the 200 block, 2-3 blocks south of Murphy's Tap Room.

They, uh, didn't stop me, just waved me through.

And it was raining, I kinda felt like standing out there with a sign, but, uh, I didn't have any rain gear and I didn't feel like standing out there today and, uh, I dunno, maybe I should go back!

Anyway! If someone could copy this down, verbatim...

Did my best, Dave.  ;D

error

Now that's odd, because I didn't actually get a copy of that! I'm going to have to figure out why.

Dave Ridley

thanks dreepa!

wow 411's response time is getting really fast !

KBCraig

Vote Tyler Stearns

If I remember correctly, there is usually a border patrol checkpoint between Lincoln & Thornton (trying to remember...around exit 30?) on I-93 southbound over Memorial Weekend. 

Insurgent

Quote from: malevil on May 19, 2007, 09:33 AM NHFT
If I remember correctly, there is usually a border patrol checkpoint between Lincoln & Thornton (trying to remember...around exit 30?) on I-93 southbound over Memorial Weekend. 

I've been caught in that one, as described in a different thread. Everyone has to stop for it, but there's really no way to protest it in person since it's on an Interstate. There's nowhere to stand legally while holding signs, etc.

TackleTheWorld

I have a mobile billboard of sorts that I'm getting ready for this weekend.  It's about 4'X8'.  I'd be willing to alert motorists of  "tryannical road conditions" with it.  Maybe I can rig up some lights for after dark. 

Report any checkpoints you see here or here

Or call porc911 at 602-413-0411