• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Talk Radio Station Calling Guide -- HELP NEEDED!

Started by FTL_Ian, July 17, 2007, 11:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

As Free Talk Live approaches its first full year of broadcasting from New Hampshire it is time we organize a bit of friendly consumer demand to be placed upon New Hampshire talk radio stations.  Currently, we only have two radio station affiliates here in New Hampshire.  That can change, with your help.

At this point, most talk radio Program Directors in New Hampshire are aware of our program and are considering it.  Please help us give them some gentle nudges of encouragement to add Free Talk Live to their lineup.

First, please read these tips on how to contact your local talk radio station's Program Director:  http://localfaq.freetalklive.com

Following this post will be contact information for every talk radio station in New Hampshire that I'm aware of, and its current status in regards to carrying Free Talk Live, listed by coverage area:

FTL_Ian

These stations are already carrying Free Talk Live.  If you decide to contact them, thank them for airing the show!

Call Letters| Frequency & Band| Reception Area (click for map)| Office Phone| Program Director| Notes
WKBK  1290 AM  Keene  603-352-9230  Dan Mitchell  Carries all three hours of our Saturday show live.
WNTK  99.7 FM  Lebanon, Claremont, Franklin  603-448-0500  Bob Vinikoor  Carries all three hours of our Saturday show live.
WUVR  1490 AM  Lebanon  603-448-0500  Bob Vinikoor  Carries all three hours of our Saturday show live.

FTL_Ian

All of these stations are prospects, please contact them if you live or work in their listening area:

Call Letters| Frequency & Band| Reception Area (click for map)| Office Phone| Program Director| Notes
WTPL  107.7 FM  Concord, Hillsboro, Manchester  603-545-0777  Bob Lipman  Bob thinks we're "too out of the mainstream" but rumor has it that the General Manager is a fan of Gardner Goldsmith.  They play a lot of sports at nighttime, so it won't be easy to get on, but this would be a great station to be on.  Please call and let them know how you feel.
WEMJ  1490 AM  Laconia  603-524-1323  Chris Ialuna  Spoke with Chris today 7/20, gave him our program director's website.  Following up next week.
WSMN  1590 AM  Nashua  603-880-9001  John Kosian  John is considering us for future changes.
WGIR  610 AM  Manchester, Concord  603-625-6915  Angela Anderson  Angela is considering us for future changes.
WTSN  1270 AM  Portsmouth, Rochester, Dover  603-742-0987  Duncan Dewar  I have never spoken to Duncan.  I've only left messages.
WGIP  1540 AM  Portsmouth, Exeter  603-625-6915  Angela Anderson  Simulcast of WGIR. Daytime only transmitter.
WGIN  930 AM  Rochester, Dover  603-625-6915  Angela Anderson  Simulcast of WGIR.

FTL_Ian

These stations cover areas already served by existing affiliates, so don't bother calling:

WTSL  1400 AM  Lebanon / Hanover  603-448-1400  n/a station recently sold.  Conflict with WNTK/WUVR.

These stations are not interested in FTL.  Don't waste your time with them:

WKXL  1450 AM  Concord  603-225-5521  Gordon Humphries  All local programming. Not a prospect.

d_goddard

Just left a message with Angela, telling her I would love to hear Free Talk Live on the radio where I live here in Concord.

GO FREE TALK LIVE!!!

Quote from: FTL_Ian on July 17, 2007, 01:01 PM NHFT
These stations are not interested in FTL.  Don't waste your time with them:
WKXL  All local programming. Not a prospect.
Just so people know... WXKL carries a lot of pro-freedom news & information. They chatted with Irena about immigration and the FSP; they talked with me about the Seat Belt Ban; they interviewed Ron Paul :)
They're a good station to call to alert about local freedom-relevant news items.

d_goddard

Just called WSMN in Nashua. The PD wasn't in so I left a message. I first gave my name and phone number (after the guy who answered the phone fumbled for a pen & paper). When I said I wanted to hear Free Talk Live, the guy chuckled and said he'd had a few calls about this show before. He then said he'd pass the message right along.

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on July 17, 2007, 01:11 PM NHFT
Just left a message with Angela, telling her I would love to hear Free Talk Live on the radio where I live here in Concord.

Thanks!!

QuoteJust so people know... WXKL carries a lot of pro-freedom news & information. They chatted with Irena about immigration and the FSP; they talked with me about the Seat Belt Ban; they interviewed Ron Paul :)
They're a good station to call to alert about local freedom-relevant news items.

I'm sure that's a good thing for the handful of people over the age of 65 that listen to that station.  WKXL doesn't even show in the ratings.  Here is a relevant thread from the radio-info forums:

"WKXL: It just keeps getting more embarrassing"
http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php/topic,74066.0.html

FTL_Ian

Progress made with WEMJ's PD today.  He said he would listen to the show and I will be following up with him next week.   8)

FTL_Ian

Please post your experiences if you have made any calls or sent e-mails!

Puke

FTL_Ian

Because we're close to a signature.  No need for calls at the moment.

After they add us to their lineup, then you can call to thank them.

d_goddard

Amos Keag

Call made to Angela, man.  Left a message, but I'll probably touch base w/ her next week.

I'll work it in Manch.

Chris

FTL_Ian

Agreement signed!  WKBK in Keene will begin carrying all three hours of our Saturday show live on 10/13 (or whenever the Red Sox games are over)   8)  ;D

Thanks to everyone who is making calls/sending e-mails!