• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell arrested 4/10/07

Started by Kat Kanning, April 10, 2007, 06:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

It's like the police were waiting outside our park for Russell to come out.  They arrested him again, and said there was a warrant out for Russell's arrest for not showing up in court.  Kira stood up to the police and refused to tell them her name :)  I'm going to grab some free Russell signs and shirts, tell the people at the meeting and then head over to the jail.

lastlady

Ohh sorry to hear that. How proud you must be of your girl though. If I was in NH I would be right by your side, but instead from across the Republic I send my love and wish for him to be released ASAP!!!!!

Pat K

firecracker joe

cops are nothing but school yard bullies with guns , anyone who refuses to surrender thier name to the man is a hero to me. FREE RUSSELL .sorry to hear that Kat i will try to get over there. firecracker

Caleb

I wouldn't come down tonight, firecracker.  He's gone to the county jail and will be in court tomorrow morning first thing.  There isn't much to do tonight.

Kat Kanning

Thank you, lastlady.

Caleb had discussions with both the communications officer at the desk (who was intrigued) and the Lt.  He did a great job explaining nonviolence.  I was glad he was with Kira and I.  We had the free Russell t-shirts and signs, so they wanted to know how we had them ready so quick.

Russell will be in Keene District Court at 9am on Wednesday, April 11th.  Keene District Court is a hole in the wall on the second floor of Keene City Hall, right on Central Square, intersection of Main and Washington.  Kira and I will be out there again with signs and the shirts.

Kat Kanning

Russell will be in court 4/11/07 9am, Keene District Court, Central Square (Main & Washington) in Keene.  The courtroom is on the second floor of City Hall.

At issue is the right to travel without the government's permission.  He was arrested tonight for driving without a license and failing to show up in court for the same.

Kira and I will be protesting outside the court at 9 am.  I hope you can join us.

Tom Sawyer

I sat around Paneras... wondered if something had happened.  :(

Kat Kanning

Shoot, we stopped by there and didn't see anyone.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 10, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT
Kira and I will be out there again with signs and the shirts.
and Lauren

TackleTheWorld

Kat Kanning

Russell's at Cheshire County Jail 160 River Rd S, Westmoreland, NH 03467

Phone is (603) 399-7794 if you want to call and comment on Russell's imprisonment.

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

earthhaven

Will be there.

Many cases at the District Court not only forget about the jury, but they are also held behind closed doors  ::)

When I fight my parking tickets my first court date is simply asking for another court date in a room with about 20 other cases that occur in random order between 9am and noon. My second court date was held in the same room, but no one besides myself, the judge, prosecutor, and police ticketer were allowed in.