• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

R~U~S~H

Started by d_goddard, March 28, 2007, 07:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

The greatest Ayn-Rand-inspired band of all time will be playing at the Tweeter center in Boston on June 27th... just after PorcFest!!
Tickets go on sale March 31st and will probably sell out within minutes.

I will be attending the concert, and will be passing out FTL flyers as well.

Anyone who wants to help pass out flyers and/or see this great band, post here!!

Tom Sawyer

I was just over at Rush.com last night checking out the tour schedule...

Can't go to the show in Boston, but hope to be able to make one of the other shows on the tour.

For those that have never seen Rush in concert I highly recommend it, exceptional musicianship and a very libertarian crowd. Seeing 10,000 heads bopping up and down to the syncopated rhythm of YYZ was really something at the last show. :D

Cool on you for going to promote the cause.

d_goddard

begging hands and bleeding hearts
will only cry out for more!

PassionatePantherrr

Dang! Not enough funds to get a ticket right now, plus a little one on my lap... I've seen them in concert several times, and really enjoy it. The Trees is my personal favorite song, but they've many great tunes. Besides, how many bands can take the game Rock-Scissors-Paper and turn it into a song? :-) (Hand Over Fist)

Tom Sawyer

One of my most intense concert experiences was when we went down to Virginia for RUSH's Vapor Trails tour.
Neil Peart's tragic lost of his daughter, wife, dog and arrest and imprisonment of a close friend all in a little more than a years time... meant I thought they might not ever tour again.

During his attempt to come to terms with all this, he set out on a 50,000 mile journey on his motorcycle. The lyrics for Vapor Trails came from this period in his life.

My wife and I had been though a lot with the birth of our son and hadn't had a break for more than 18 months. Through a friend I secretly got VIP seating tickets to see the show. All I would tell her was we were traveling 500 miles to do something fun.

Well it was tough to get away and the trip was hard with a heat-wave and the car threatening to overheat on the way. To top it off family nonsense, when we got to Virginia, meant that we didn't think we could go to the show.

Well at the last minute we were able to leave our infant son with his great aunt and speed away to the show with our friends. The weather was ominous with thunderheads building on the horizon. The traffic was terrible and I was certain we would be late. We flashed our VIP tickets to a cop and he pulled a barricade out of the way and we bypassed all the line of cars waiting to get in. (Wow, I liked the VIP treatment) We were able to park 50 feet from the special entrance and quickly got into the pavilion hurrying to our great seats, right as the lights dropped and the show began. She was sure surprised and happy, we both needed the cathartic release.

As the band played the clouds and wind moved in, man it looked like we were about to experience a tornado. You know when the sky turns green that something strong is due.

The front hit right as they went into the song Earthshine, the cool spray was blowing up underneath the pavilion. We felt like we were standing on the bow of a ship sailing into the musical storm, what a powerful experience as all the frustrations and drama of our lives came to this moment, it was beautiful.

Later in the show I watched 10,000 heads bopping in time to the syncopated rhythms of YYZ, man I was happy to be with so many folks that enjoyed RUSH as much as I do.

d_goddard

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 02, 2007, 08:31 PM NHFT
I secretly got VIP seating tickets to see the show.
<KBCraig>You Suck!</KBCraig>

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 02, 2007, 08:31 PM NHFT
The front hit right as they went into the song Earthshine, the cool spray was blowing up underneath the pavilion. We felt like we were standing on the bow of a ship sailing into the musical storm
... and that was when the drugs really started kicking in ...
;D

Anyway, I got my ticket yesterday. I went ahead and paid thru the nose on EBay for a kickass seat in the first 20 rows. Woo-hoo!!

Tom Sawyer

Wow great seats... the money will be well spent.

Back in the days of general admission/festival seating I didn't mind wading through the crowd to get close to the stage. ;)

Raineyrocks

Wow, awesome story Tom Sawyer!  Thanks for sharing, you should become a book writer, I love the way you described everything! :D

Tom Sawyer

Awww shucks maam... ;D

Thanks. :)

(You have a new avatar almost daily :D )

Raineyrocks

Quote(You have a new avatar almost daily Cheesy )

I know I get bored of looking at the same avatar for more than a couple of days. 8)  I like when people write and I feel like I'm right there in their experience with them, it's cool and you have the talent to do that with your story; to me anyway. :)

I remember my husband and I didn't get out alone for a few years, (kids too), and our first "date" was weird so we ended up getting drunk.  I borrowed my daughters Nike t-shirt and ended up leaning against a dumpster barfing, (1st time drinking in a long while), got stains all over her shirt and had to buy her a new one.  She went in school and told everyone that her mom got drunk and ruined her shirt. :blush:
Not a romantic date like yours but it was funny anyway.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah we don't get much adult time... when we do get to go and do something it takes some time to realize what to do. Alot of times we end up talking about the kid. ;D

EJinCT

First concert I ever attended was Rush on their power windows tour. Awesome band; greatest show I have seen to date ( and I have seen quite a few...) Their level of intelligence and musicianship is sorely lacking in the vast majority of "mainstream" music these days, IMHO.

I would go, but I have lost the affinity for arena sized events. I prefer more "personal" sized venues.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah I thought I'd ask Alex, Neal and Geddy if they would come play my backyard.  ;D

(Welcome to the forum)

EJinCT

^^^ *chuckles* If you can make that happen I will deff. come up to NH.  ;D I really prefer shows that are around 2000 capacity or less. Small clubs are even better.

Thanks for the welcome!  8)

d_goddard

Turns out the concert is the same weekend at my high school 20-year reunion.
What a great excuse to not have to go to the reunion  8)