• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Dollar Associate

Started by SAK, February 12, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SAK

Mmmk.

So I'm going to become a Liberty Dollar Associate soon.  I figure, I might as well give a little something back to someone who's been helping to circulate the REAL money in NH.

I would like to offer myself as a Liberty Dollar referral to someone who deserves it.  This means you get $100 back.  The only catch -- I want $50 of it.  The only requirement is that you live in New Hampshire and support freedom.  Think of it as a little booster for the NH economy.

I haven't seen that this is against their policies at all, but if that is the case then I won't do it.  It may be considered borderline ethical, but since it's all for a good cause I can live with that.  I'm also curious how the $100 is paid -- in credit that can be used to purchase ALD or actually IN ALD.  Has anyone here referred another associate yet?

So...anyone interested in some free $$$?

Dreepa

Quote from: SAK on February 12, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
Mmmk.

So I'm going to become a Liberty Dollar Associate soon.  I figure, I might as well give a little something back to someone who's been helping to circulate the REAL money in NH.

There are a few LD reps in NH... many of them will have a table at the Liberty Forum... if you are going you could sign up then.

SAK

I'm stuck in IL for the time being.  I'm hoping to secure permission to leave the state for a trip to NH, but permission won't come sooner than Feb 23rd.  Hopefully an Associate will pop up on the forum here.

Thanks for the info.  I wish I could make that gathering :(

LiveFree

Per...  mis... sion???  To leave the state???  WTF did you do? ???

SAK

Gun owners in Illinois are treated like criminals.  We have to retain lawyers just to get advice on the law and try to watch out for the traps.  No matter how careful you are to follow the law, they will arrest you, charge you, and try to ruin your life if they don't like your behavior.  You have to be a boot-licking closet-gun-owner in order to avoid them.  If you ever "take the law into your own hands" by owning a gun for personal protection -- you are in for a free trip to county jail.

What did I do?  I exercised my heavily-restricted RKBA within the strict confines of law.  I can't help it that I live in a police state and face unjust persecution because of it.

stitcherman

i hate to see a freedom fighter waste his time so please check out this site.

i have bought silver at 85 cents over spot . wich is still today there markup.

the coins are really well done.

85 cents over; ya gotta buy 50 at a time but what a great coin.

http://www.nwtmintbullion.com/silver_nwtmintbullion.php

SAK

What site???

btw, I'm not interested in liberty dollars for their silver content.  I would buy my own coins or perhaps just bullion if that were my only motivation.  I'm interested in this as a way to fight against the FED.  I like the idea of going to the store and using REAL money.  I think this would be a great thing for the entire country.  I hope it can really take hold in New Hampshire and allow this great state to be a shining example to the rest of the country in monetary respects as well.  When I get there, it will be something I work on.  I've worked on gun rights for a while, and Illinois has practically burned me out (maybe you can't call it burning out, but they've done something to me by trying to throw me in prison).

I would love to be a part of tearing down evil enterprises like the federal reserve.

maineiac

Quote from: SAK on February 13, 2007, 09:31 PM NHFT
What site???

btw, I'm not interested in liberty dollars for their silver content.  I would buy my own coins or perhaps just bullion if that were my only motivation.  I'm interested in this as a way to fight against the FED.  I like the idea of going to the store and using REAL money.  I think this would be a great thing for the entire country.  I hope it can really take hold in New Hampshire and allow this great state to be a shining example to the rest of the country in monetary respects as well.  When I get there, it will be something I work on.  I've worked on gun rights for a while, and Illinois has practically burned me out (maybe you can't call it burning out, but they've done something to me by trying to throw me in prison).

I would love to be a part of tearing down evil enterprises like the federal reserve.

How about divesting yourself from paper instruments and converting to PM's? As far as using your PM's to buy everyday items and services, why cast your pearls before swine?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: SAK on February 12, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
I would like to offer myself as a Liberty Dollar referral to someone who deserves it.  This means you get $100 back.  The only catch -- I want $50 of it.  The only requirement is that you live in New Hampshire and support freedom.  Think of it as a little booster for the NH economy.

I give a $50 rebate (once I get the referral fee) to people who use me as a referrer.

http://www.libertydollar.org/default.asp?REFERER=NRC69332

lordmetroid

I would start with counting assets in weight rather than dollars. If you have a retail store show the price in weight of silver/gold as well as FRNs. That is what I want to do.

By the way, what is PM?

cathleeninnh

Private Message - look to the left, it is the balloon quote symbol just above the ignore button.

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

Oh that's handy.  I've never used that Cathleen.

planetaryjim

Dear Stitcherman,

Quote from: stitcherman on February 13, 2007, 08:44 PM NHFT
i hate to see a freedom fighter waste his time so please check out this site.

i have bought silver at 85 cents over spot . wich is still today there markup.

Thanks for the link to the Northwest Territorial Mint.  They make nice silver pieces.  Since they have no face values, though, they are not really coins.  Specie, though, certainly.

The problem with silver pieces with no face value is they cannot be used at 99% of cash registers.  So, they typically end up in private stockpiles, or circulate in barter transactions for a while.  The advantage of a coin with a face value greater than its metal content is that it stays in circulation. 

About 2409 years ago, the playwright Aristophanes released the play "The Frogs" in which he went over the basic economics of the situation.  When shoddy silver plated coppers are available to Athenian shoppers, they circulate.  The gold and silver coins that used to be around have been withdrawn from circulation.  Why?  Because silver plated coppers  circulate just as well.  Thomas Gresham filed the serial numbers off this idea and said, "Bad money chases out the good," which became known as Gresham's law.

It wasn't until the 20th Century and Ludwig von Mises that this law was set down with some rigor.  Ludwig wrote, "An artificially over-valued money tends to drive an artificially under-valued money into private stockpiles."

By 1964, the silver in an American quarter was worth about 30 cents on the world market, so the next year, LBJ de-monetized silver, or so he claimed.  "Silver has become too valuable to use as money."  This important debasement led to the French run on redeeming dollars for gold, the London Gold Pool, and the 1971 repudiation of the Bretton Woods accord by Nixon.  A few years later, an ounce of silver was trading for $50.

The Liberty Dollar is very well designed.  It has a sensible face value.  In contrast, the USA Mint provides a one-ounce piece of silver with a face value of "one dollar."  By artificially under-valuing their silver pieces, the Mint expects to drive them into private stockpiles, so they won't compete with the Federal Reserve Note.  By artificially over-valuing his silver pieces, the monetary architect of the Liberty Dollar expects to keep them in circulation, so they will compete with the Federal Reserve Note.

The silver pieces of the Northwest Territorial Mint won't ever circulate the way Liberty Dollars or Federal Reserve Notes do.  That doesn't make collecting them wrong in any way, it is simply a result of economics.  And I do like the look of many of their silver pieces.

Regards,

Jim

mackler

Quote from: planetaryjim on February 15, 2007, 10:58 AM NHFT
The Liberty Dollar is very well designed.  It has a sensible face value. 

Ha!  You won't be saying that for much longer.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: cathleeninnh on February 15, 2007, 10:16 AM NHFT
Private Message - look to the left, it is the balloon quote symbol just above the ignore button.

Cathleen

And I always thought it was when you used the bathroom in the afternoon :P