• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plz digg my "jailed in defense of the Constitution" ridleo

Started by Dave Ridley, December 28, 2007, 05:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I think this series of videos do a good job of explaining what has been going on between us and the feds.
I love the jailhouse interactions. The cops expressions are priceless aren't they? :)

inertia

So what do you tell someone who thinks there was a time in history when things like this could lead to meaningful and lasting change but not anymore?

Me, I believe you guys are heroes.  But I have been called an idealist.  Does it really come down to realism vs. idealism?  Do you accept that simplification?

Russell Kanning

why would it be impossible now?
I bet people thought that during WW2 in Germany ... but then it started to crack
Cheney has started an eternal war ... Hitler started a 1000 year reign

I want my ideals to become real. :)

TackleTheWorld

Welcome, inertia!

If you examine your concept of realism you might find ideas like "The bad guys hold all the cards" or "There's no way to fight a system this evil".  Guess what?  Those are ideals, pessimistic ideals, but still ideals.  Pessimists think they are realists, but they are just apologists for doing nothing.  The actual realists are people like Dada who are probing the depths of the evil and finding the tender spots on the beast.  His actions will end up being more "practical" than a forum full of your "realists".

J’raxis 270145

The "Thousand-Year Reich" lasted twelve.
The "eternal Soviet Union" about seventy.
No "republic" has survived more than a couple centuries.

The important question is what comes after their collapse.

The Reich was replaced with a "social democracy" that's just a bit better at obfuscating force beneath a veil of "the people's will" than the Nazis were. The Soviet Union with an oligarchy and a virtual dictator. The Roman republic with an empire. Our own with an oligarchy that's just a bit better at obfuscating its existence than Russia's.

When the collapse happens, not if, is when people like us need to be ready to make sure nothing worse takes its place.

Welcome, inertia. ;D

Russell Kanning

I figure this government will give ground a little instead of losing control

Caleb

Quote from: inertia on December 30, 2007, 11:07 AM NHFT
So what do you tell someone who thinks there was a time in history when things like this could lead to meaningful and lasting change but not anymore?

Me, I believe you guys are heroes.  But I have been called an idealist.  Does it really come down to realism vs. idealism?  Do you accept that simplification?

Do they believe that good is more powerful than evil? That love is more powerful than hate?

Because evil is not the sort of thing you can defeat with more evil. Evil can only be defeated by neutralizing it with love.

How should we fight evil?

David

I am an idealist who accepts the reality that i live in.  I will work towards what I idolize, but to make it practical, it must be realistic.
Welcome Inertia.   :)

Pat K

les nessman

"Each hand holds an instrument of defiance  a specimen of contraband
restricted from use inside the confines of this remote federal outpost.
One is a pitchfork...the other a wad of leaflets.  These devices strangely feared and controlled by Washington regulation."

Dada, that clip was awesome.

We now go live now to our broadcaster of mirth in Keene, Russel Kanning.  ;D

kola

I never saw that video. Very very good! I loved it.

I think the "freeeeee keeenne dot com...." does not mesh with the video tho'.

It's all so very informative and professional and then the silly ad comes on 3-4 times.

Sorry Dave and others..just expressing my opinion. I just think people would take it more seriously without the funny ad.

Kola   

Russell Kanning

yonder

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 18, 2008, 02:36 PM NHFT
I don't know how serious Dada is though ;)

He's seriously funny.  In a serious kind of way.  Seriously.