• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anybody want free disaster supplies?

Started by Dave Ridley, December 05, 2007, 07:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Last month I began collecting free surplus medical supplies...specifically bandaids, disinfectant wipes and small gauze.   I'd like to hand these supplies off to whoever wants them.   Throw them in your garage/basement/disaster kit if you like; have them available for the day when supplies might not be as easy to come by.      Just let me know next time you see me.  Hopefully I will have a bag of them in the car.   

This is what I'm able to do right now to help prepare our community for disaster, but I'd like to expand this concept.  I'd like to be able to collect  all kinds of items which are plenty good enough for disaster use but are otherwise headed to the trash.

If you have any ideas, lemme know, and maybe I or someone can get on it.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 05, 2007, 07:45 PM NHFT
Last month I began collecting free surplus medical supplies...specifically bandaids, disinfectant wipes and small gauze.   I'd like to hand these supplies off to whoever wants them.   Throw them in your garage/basement/disaster kit if you like; have them available for the day when supplies might not be as easy to come by.      Just let me know next time you see me.  Hopefully I will have a bag of them in the car.   

This is what I'm able to do right now to help prepare our community for disaster, but I'd like to expand this concept.  I'd like to be able to collect  all kinds of items which are plenty good enough for disaster use but are otherwise headed to the trash.

If you have any ideas, lemme know, and maybe I or someone can get on it.

I wish I lived closer and came to more events, I always need stuff like that, thanks anyway! :)

Rosie the Riveter

Dave Ridley

rainey even if i only see you once a year i can give you bandaids etc. once a year...  and probably enough to last 2 years.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 08, 2007, 11:41 PM NHFT
rainey even if i only see you once a year i can give you bandaids etc. once a year...  and probably enough to last 2 years.

Thanks Dada! :)

pcartwrightjr

I live in rural upsate New York, a little bit from NH but I did not see a forum of the same for NY.   Where do you get the surplus medical supplies?  I would like to start a similar program here in NY.... 

Thanks you for the info...

Patrick

Jared

if i ever actually make it out to an even, i'll take some :)