• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lex, Error, Denis

Started by Kat Kanning, December 03, 2007, 06:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I can xfer the politcal boards of the database to anyone using smf.  Let me know if you want them.  Jane's not using smf, right?

Lex

I would like to get the data. Is there a link to download it?

Kat Kanning

Hmm...maybe I'm dreamin' I can do this...  I was remembering exporting certain tables rather than boards.

Lex

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 03, 2007, 07:33 AM NHFT
Hmm...maybe I'm dreamin' I can do this...

Maybe... I'll see if I can come up with something.

Bill St. Clair

On the PHPMyAdmin "Search" tab, you can select board_id = whatever, then use the "Export" link in the "Query results operations" section of the resulting output. Do this for both the smf_messages and smf_topics tables, and you should be golden.

Unfortunately, you also need to renumber the topics to add them to an existing database. And probably change the board_id fields to match the target SMF database. This can be done by importing into a blank database, doing the renumber (and board_id reassignments) with an SQL statement, exporting again, then importing into the other SMF database. I think. I've never actually done this.

Lex

I guess we can try this.

Search smf_boards with ID_CAT = 5. There should be 3 records (Politics, Ron Paul 2008, New Hampshire Politics). Export it.

Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 5. There should be 1064 records. Export it.
Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 31. There should be 922 records. Export it.
Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 30. There should be 238 records. Export it.

Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 5. There should be 18030 records. Export it.
Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 31. There should be 8538 records. Export it.
Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 30. There should be 2261 records. Export it.

I think this should do it.

J’raxis 270145

What happens to the author information for each post when you do this? Would you need to copy all the user data over, too?

Lex

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 03, 2007, 09:28 AM NHFT
What happens to the author information for each post when you do this? Would you need to copy all the user data over, too?

The poster name is included in smf_messages.

All of the posts will look like errors post here: http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=7035.msg123524#msg123524

I mean, there isn't much I can do in terms of matching up old posters with new members short of having Kat give me the entire user table. That can be a touchy issue though since some people may object to having their member info moved.

Lex

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on December 03, 2007, 09:24 AM NHFT
I guess we can try this.

Search smf_boards with ID_CAT = 5. There should be 3 records (Politics, Ron Paul 2008, New Hampshire Politics). Export it.

Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 5. There should be 1064 records. Export it.
Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 31. There should be 922 records. Export it.
Search smf_topics with ID_BOARD = 30. There should be 238 records. Export it.

Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 5. There should be 18030 records. Export it.
Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 31. There should be 8538 records. Export it.
Search smf_messages with ID_BOARD = 30. There should be 2261 records. Export it.

I think this should do it.

Kat, can you please try to see if you can export the above records?

:thanks:

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on December 03, 2007, 09:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 03, 2007, 09:28 AM NHFT

The poster name is included in smf_messages.

Heh. So in this case a non-normalized database is actually helping not break things.

Kat Kanning

error

I don't think I want a copy of the database. But thanks for sharing it!

Lex

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 03, 2007, 01:21 PM NHFT
Hope that helps :)

Yes, that looks like exactly what I need. Now to see if I can figure out a way to import it without breaking anything  :D

Lex

I have completed the transfer of all archived threads to NHPoliticalAction.com and you are welcome to continue discussing where you left off before the closing of the Political section here  ;D

Thanks to Bill St. Clair for advice and Kat for providing the dumps of the data.

I have matched up a couple of the original NHFree account names with the new accounts created in NHPoliticalAction.com. If you want me to match up your username with your converted posts just PM me and I'll do my best. This essentially allows you to be the owner of your old posts again.

Enjoy!