• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Suggestion for Using Porcupine 411

Started by FTL_Ian, October 05, 2007, 02:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

If you are in a situation where you need people to show up urgently as error and supperman15 were in today, consider this.

If possible, call Porc 411 and leave a short message with your name, time, quick incident description, and location.  Then call back, and record the scene.  This way the first message will go out immediately to the list and decrease response time.  Today's message was 15 minutes long, which means that the goons had already been there for a quarter of an hour before the message hit our e-mail boxes.

I understand that depending on the situation, utilizing this suggestion may not always be possible, but you should consider it as an option.

Beth221

d_goddard

And, if your call involves LEOs, state:
"Pursuant to RSA 570-A, you acknowledge that you are a lawful public official, and that you are being audio recorded. Now, Officer, how may I help you?"

* I am not a lawyer, but the above is exactly what I'd say, and I've spent a lot of time looking at this

Puke

Quote from: d_goddard on October 05, 2007, 04:46 PM NHFT
"Pursuant to RSA 570-A, you acknowledge that you are a lawful public official, and that you are being audio recorded. Now, Officer, how may I help you?"

Better keep that written down somewhere b/c if I was ever in such a situation there is no way I would remember all of that.

FTL_Ian

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 05, 2007, 06:45 PM NHFT
How about, "You are being recorded."?
That would work also.

The other stuff is to throw them off base. "You are being recorded" sounds like maybe they could say, "stop that".

"Persuant to RSA blah-blah" and "lawful public official" sounds like Magic Words have been spoken, and they have to be on their best behavior :)

FTL_Ian

"stop that"

"If you would not like to be recorded, you can leave.  By staying here, you are consenting."

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 05, 2007, 07:01 PM NHFT
"If you would not like to be recorded, you can leave.
"Step out of the car, punk."

KBCraig

"If you would not like to be recorded, you can leave.  By staying here, you are consenting."

"You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say will be recorded."

;)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: d_goddard on October 05, 2007, 04:46 PM NHFT

* I am not a lawyer, but the above is exactly what I'd say, and I've spent a lot of time looking at this

Maybe this, and other useful quotes and legal references, could be put on a new Liberty Card for easy reference.

ThePug

"stop that"

They don't have to consent, they just have to be informed.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: KBCraig on October 05, 2007, 07:59 PM NHFT
"You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say will be recorded."

;)

Brilliant!   ;D

d_goddard

Quote from: ThePug on October 05, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT
Exactly incorrect.
In NH, they have to give consent.
Until we change that fuxing law, or it gets nullified in court, anyway

KBCraig

Quote from: d_goddard on October 05, 2007, 09:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: ThePug on October 05, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT
Exactly incorrect.
In NH, they have to give consent.
Until we change that fuxing law, or it gets nullified in court, anyway

The law is that they only have to be informed, because it's not an "oral communication" unless they have an expectation of privacy. It's Kelley Ayotte who seems incapable of reading the law as written.

Have there been any successful prosecutions or appeals?