• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

open carry litter pickup in manch?

Started by Dave Ridley, October 01, 2007, 02:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

a thought:

as I was driving down Central today I noticed there is a fair amount of trash on the right-of-way.

how about we do an open-carry litter-pickup event next week?

My suggestion would be wear bright orange or ron paul shirts...plus firearms.  Then maybe clean sidewalks within a block or two of 412 Central...until they squeak.

I'm thinking pick a weekday where we have little else going on...and do it from 5:00 - 6:30p 
make it subject to cancellation in the event of rain.

your thoughts?

MTPorcupine3

Sounds like a winner. I'll wear my TYRANNY RESPONSE TEAM shirt.

Puke

Great idea. If only Manchester was closer.  :(

cathleeninnh

I think it is a great idea. I'll mention it to Don. (he has a holster, I don't). We have the orange Gun Owner for Ron Paul shirts.

Cathleen

toowm

I would love to do this after the MVP meeting.

Could I borrow a gun and holster?  :blush:

supperman15

lets give it a try, if it goes over well perhaps it can be a monthly thing (maybe not in winter) that people do in all the meting locations.

Dave Ridley

part of me likes the idea of doing it on a saturday after the MVP meeting

however i think that it might be more clever to let this start small, and give it room to grow.

once we've deployed the MVP MIRV that will be a difficult act to follow.  it will be like a flash in the pan, followed by fading turnout.  so I think we should do it later.   I'm open minded but still plan to schedule this for a weekday and if it's just three or four of us, no problem.

dalebert

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on October 01, 2007, 03:29 PM NHFT
Sounds like a winner. I'll wear my TYRANNY RESPONSE TEAM shirt.

The first time I saw that, I thought it was "TRANNY RESPONSE TEAM", like Tranny Force.

[youtube=425,350]nEFD1wY85c0[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFD1wY85c0

dalebert

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'm up for this too but I'll be gone the 3rd through the 9th.

Pat K

Dada going need tanker truck of bleach.

TackleTheWorld

I'd like to tidy up Manchester while packin' heat.  Hopefully this won't involve microscopes and cotton swabs.

KBCraig

I publicized it here:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=5059

I hope I got the date correct (this Saturday, right?)

Kat Kanning

Do you want the state highway dept bags and let them pick it up?  Or are you planning on hauling away the trash yourself?  One time I tried using the bags on just a random stretch of road and the highway dept just picked up the bags after a while.

We have a box of the blue bags if you want to use some.

cathleeninnh

We can't make this on Saturday. Let us know if you do it again.

Cathleen

Dave Ridley

it's on the calendar now for wednesday the 3rd

http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11089.0

just bring whatever you can this time , probably later we'll do it better