• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Clothing Swap Meet

Started by MaineShark, September 17, 2007, 09:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I'm posting this for Denise, since Kaelan doesn't like her using the computer.

Hey folks!
More details to follow, but it seems there might be some interest in having a clothing swap, and Joe and I are willing to host at our place. Best weekend for us looks like the first weekend in October, as of right now. (10/6, from 12noon-6pm, rain or shine)
If you've never been to a clothing swap, the general idea is this: you bring your
* clean, good-condition (no rips/tears/etc)
* sorted clothing (eg. women's tops, boy's 0-12mo, girls 2-4t, men's pants, etc)
* to a location (our house in Northwood, NH, in this case),
* preferably during the week before the swap (but that day is okay too!),
* to rummage through one another's closets. Take what you can use, leave what you won't.
* If there are any leftovers, we'll either sell them at a yardsale next day and make a donation to a liberty related cause (either the Liberty Scholarship fund, or Ron Paul's campaign, or somesuch, to be determined), or donate them to a local community thrift store (there's one a few miles north of the Rt 4/Rt28 circle), so that the leftovers can help others right here in NH.

Let me know what you think, and if you're definitely interested in attending, as I'll try to have some light, non-messy, refreshments on-hand. Yes, I'll make sure there's a "changing area" designated, as some may have issues with others seeing them in their skivvies, but expect that others may be trying things on in the designated trading areas as well. Crash space for our friends from out-of-the-area is available, just make sure to let me know in advance  Directions available upon request. There will definitely be a mix of attendees (liberty, Mensan, geeky, SCA, etc) so it should be good fun! Hope to see you here...

If there is enough interest, we might add categories for books and movies, so let us know if you have some of either that you'd like to bring.