• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Homeland Security in Berlin, NH?

Started by dalebert, September 09, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I copied this from my Ron Paul Nashua Meetup group:
---
Kevin (one of our Papergraphics employees) has been noticing little cameras mounted throughout his hometown in Berlin NH. Only until recently has it been made available to the public that Berlin was the first city in the state to receive a grant from Homeland Security for a city wide monitoring system. Seems it could go state wide, even national.....

J’raxis 270145

Are these pointed at the streets? This is most likely illegal per RSA 236:130.

error

Ah, great, yet one more place not to live., and it's in New Hampshire! :(

Dave Ridley

i couldnt find anything about this on yahoo search

can anyone verify it?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 09, 2007, 12:37 PM NHFT
Are these pointed at the streets? This is most likely illegal per RSA 236:130.

I should point out here, that whether or not these are actually illegal, someone who lives up in Berlin should be making a lot of noise to this effect. Contact your state reps, city aldermen/selectmen/whatever, and bitch until they do something about it.

Dreepa

I searched and found a little about a Fatherland Security grant to the police in Berlin but couldn't find any details.

I thought it was crazy that a guy commutes from Berlin to Merrimack. :o

NHRes2004

Quote from: Dreepa on September 09, 2007, 09:18 PM NHFT
I searched and found a little about a Fatherland Security grant to the police in Berlin but couldn't find any details.

I thought it was crazy that a guy commutes from Berlin to Merrimack. :o

We had a couple guys from Berlin working for us in Concord. They had lost jobs when a paper mill closed. They were doing the daily commute until they found a closer place to live.

KBCraig

From today's Berlin Daily Sun:

"In making another step to help the police department, Morency reported the MESH network is now up and running in town. The network will allow antennae and cameras placed around Berlin to transmit data back to the police station."

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on September 10, 2007, 09:55 PM NHFT

"In making another step to help the police department, Morency reported the MESH network is now up and running in town. The network will allow antennae and cameras placed around Berlin to transmit data back to the police station."
yeah I read about the MESH network in the minutes.
Mills closing down, people are out of work... lets put some cameras up. ::)

error

Quote from: KBCraig on September 10, 2007, 09:55 PM NHFT

Oooooo, excuse me, I have to go buy some hardware now.

KBCraig

"Guest" error? Whutt...?

Oh, and it's not nice to jam Big Brother. But it sure is fun.  ;D

"Radio Shack: You've got questions, we've got blank stares."

Lloyd Danforth

dalebert

We need some "Big Brother is Watching You" signs to put near the cameras with a URL pointing where they can learn more.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: dalebert on September 11, 2007, 06:36 AM NHFT
We need some "Big Brother is Watching You" signs to put near the cameras with a URL pointing where they can learn more.

.....and, then 'spraycan on a stick'

supperman15

there is a theater group in NYC that does short shows for cameras such as these... anyone up for a 60 second version of 1984?  we can entertain/teach the bacon there future if they don't change today.