• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Free Stater-Owned Pub in Keene Area?

Started by FTL_Ian, September 06, 2007, 12:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

http://www.ceilidhhouse.net/
Located just outside of Keene in Westmoreland and only open for just over a month.

According to Mark, the karaoke on Friday nights there is great.  He says it's a very large place and would be perfect for Free Stater gatherings.  In addition, proprietor Tom Simmons is allegedly a Free Stater  (I haven't heard anything about the other owner).  I would like to check the place out.  It sounds like a great location for the Monadnock Porcupines Meet N' Greets and the Free Keene Meetings once things get too cold for the park.

Has anyone else been?

Pat K

Well if ya wear a Kilt you get a dollar off draft Beer.

Anyone up for a Kilt and Kazoo club?  ;D

dawn

Thom used to help run the Monadnock Libertarian group. I haven't been to his pub yet (been meaning too!). I don't think he's a FSP member, as I'm quite sure he has lived here much longer than the vote date. Last I knew, he was a homeschooling dad. And on top of all that, he's a nice guy too!

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on September 06, 2007, 12:25 PM NHFT
Well if ya wear a Kilt you get a dollar off draft Beer.

There's a place online that sells leather kilts and they look awesome but they're expensive.  :blush:

Kat Kanning

I think he was signed on the FSP, but he didn't have to move since he was already in NH.

Pat K

Well I don't have the legs for one.  ;D

This web site has good ones and funny video ads.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Kat Kanning

Oh I've seen that place.  It looks really nice.

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on September 06, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT
This web site has good ones and funny video ads.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

I fell over my garbage also when I watched that video.

ArcRiley

Quote from: Pat K on September 06, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT
Well I don't have the legs for one.  ;D

It's not about fashion, it's about freedom.  Hence their company motto.

Think about how clothes change your point of view.  Think of how you feel and treat the world when you're barefoot, when you're in sandles, sneakers, vs boots.  The more your feet are constricted the greater the change.

Same thing with pants vs kilts.  It changes your viewpoint in fairly radical ways.  Think of how different you feel wearing a beach towel vs tight jeans, that's exactly what a kilt feels like.

Besides, while wearing a kilt nobody's looking at your legs.

dalebert

I see what you mean, Arc. In a way, it probably feels a little naughty and rebellious because we feel like we should be constricted or we're supposed to be constricted. It's like the notion of feelin naked under your clothes. Witches wear robes with nothing underneath for their ceremonies and I'm sure it helps them to feel like power flows more easily or somesuch.

I'm 1/8 Scottish. Is that enough to justify a kilt?

ArcRiley

Quote from: dalebert on September 06, 2007, 04:35 PM NHFT
I'm 1/8 Scottish. Is that enough to justify a kilt?

You don't need to have any gaelic blood in you.

Every culture at some point (and for a very long time) men wore kilts.  The scottish, irish, and welsh still do.

Also these are not gaelic kilts, there's no tartan, and their construction is radically different.  They're American kilts, made in the USA with 100% USA-made fabric.  So the question isn't if you're scottish enough, the question is if you're American enough ;-)

I'll be in Manchester next in 2 weeks.  If you want to see a kilt in person before buying meet up with me, I wear kilts almost exclusively (even in the winter, they're quite warm).

Dreepa

Quote from: ArcRiley on September 06, 2007, 05:02 PM NHFT
So the question isn't if you're scottish enough, the question is if you're man enough ;-)
fixed it.

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on September 06, 2007, 04:35 PM NHFT
I see what you mean, Arc. In a way, it probably feels a little naughty and rebellious because we feel like we should be constricted or we're supposed to be constricted. It's like the notion of feelin naked under your clothes. Witches wear robes with nothing underneath for their ceremonies and I'm sure it helps them to feel like power flows more easily or somesuch.

Scots perfected "goin' commando -- the extreme version" early on.  ;D

QuoteI'm 1/8 Scottish. Is that enough to justify a kilt?

Heh. I'm 1/128 Cherokee and the rest Scot (with a few stray German in-laws), and I don't have a kilt. Yet. I'd like to have a Utilikilt when I have the cash for it.

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on September 06, 2007, 05:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: ArcRiley on September 06, 2007, 05:02 PM NHFT
So the question isn't if you're scottish enough, the question is if you're man enough ;-)
fixed it.

If you're really man enough, you have to order your kilts extra-long.

ArcRiley

Um, no.  Kilts should each halfway down your knee cap, or just beyond.  Nobody has a schlong that long, doesn't matter how many years you've been using a pump or rubbing coco butter, gotu kola, and yihibme on yourself.

If you buy an extra long kilt it also starts to look like a dress.  Too short and, well, the "bend over peep show" effect comes into play.