• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Michael Hampton / error / Beavis getting hassled?

Started by Barterer, September 05, 2007, 01:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Barterer

I wonder what's up with this:

Quote from: Beavis on September 01, 2007, 12:50 AM NHFT
Oddly it seems the DOJ has been paying more attention to me and my forum lately. They spend all day reading it, and barely glance over here. I am expecting trouble.

And now both nhteaparty and homelandstupidity are down?  I hope he's ok!  He doesn't seem to be one to let a server go down.. being a technical whiz and all.  I think someone may have physically done something to his operation.

CNHT

Quote from: Barterer on September 05, 2007, 01:53 PM NHFT
I wonder what's up with this:

Quote from: Beavis on September 01, 2007, 12:50 AM NHFT
Oddly it seems the DOJ has been paying more attention to me and my forum lately. They spend all day reading it, and barely glance over here. I am expecting trouble.

And now both nhteaparty and homelandstupidity are down?  I hope he's ok!  He doesn't seem to be one to let a server go down.. being a technical whiz and all.  I think someone may have physically done something to his operation.

Can't find this one either.. http://www.ioerror.us/

ArcRiley

It's possible feds showed up with a warrant and took his gear.  Server isn't even pinging, tracepath getting as far as tge1-2.fr3.phx2.llnw.net  This isn't conspiracy theorist talk, it happens all the time these days.  His posting just before it happened is a good indication that something along these lines has transpired.

The Pat Riot Act can be (ab)used in this manner, all they have to say is they're investigating "terrorism" - and that's loose enough to include people who engage in civil disobedience.  The logs on the nhteaparty server included non-public information such as IP addresses which could be used to locate people otherwise posting anonymously.  Another reason to use Tor and not keep such logs.

Is his VoIP service in operation still?  Does anyone have his cellphone or can verify that he's not in prison?

If this has indeed transpired the following should take place:

• Error should be in contact with the Electronic Frontier Foundation regarding legal support
  • We should get a fund started to replace his stolen equipment so he can get going again since he may never see his servers again

J’raxis 270145

nhteaparty.org is on 65.23.154.194 and I'm unable to connect on the HTTPS port. SYN_SENT until it times out. homelandstupidity.us is on 65.23.154.105 and fails to respond on the HTTP port also, in the same way. These servers are definitely down—either being DDoSed to the point they're unreachable, or they're offline.

www.ioerror.us is on 207.210.83.191 and responds just fine. The "410 Gone" error means the server has been intentionally configured to return that message. Other parts of ioerror.us are on that 65.23.154.* subnet and are equally hosed, however.

Doesn't he live in the house in Manchester with all the other Porcs? Someone else there know something?

CNHT

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 05, 2007, 02:23 PM NHFT
www.ioerror.us is on 207.210.83.191 and responds just fine. The "410 Gone" error means the server has been intentionally configured to return that message.

Yes I know that, but why would he have put that there and not just erased the site address completely?

Nicholas Gilman

QuoteError should be in contact with the Electronic Frontier Foundation regarding legal support

If something happened, thats a great idea. 

The fact that ioerror is down indicates something is wrong.

ArcRiley

Quote from: CNHT on September 05, 2007, 02:26 PM NHFT
Yes I know that, but why would he have put that there and not just erased the site address completely?

If he was worried about the feds coming in and taking stuff he would have wiped the logs, but there would be no reason to wipe public information such as the forums themselves.  If he had wiped the sites entirely the IP addresses would still ping.  He undoubtedly has a UPS backup in case of power outages.

So one of three things is likely to have happened; a severe server crash, preventing it from booting.  He believed something was going to happen and didn't have time to just wipe the logs, so he wiped everything.  Or men with guns and a warrant showed up and took the servers.

The 410 means that the server hosting that site is still up but was pulling it's data from a source which is no longer available.  That could mean a different server which is no longer online (ie, it was taken).

TackleTheWorld

ArcRiley

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 05, 2007, 02:42 PM NHFT
I can see NHteaparty and Homeland Stupidity

Confirmed.  Same IP address.

Ok so what the hell happened that would cause him to post such a thing followed by a prolonged server downage?

CNHT

Amos Keag

Barterer

Ok  :)  I'm sure he will explain later.. sorry for the tinfoil-hattery.  I though maybe the feds were about to do something to the Browns, and wanted to disable the connection of the person most likely to give early warning, or something like that.

CNHT

Quote from: Barterer on September 05, 2007, 02:56 PM NHFT
Ok  :)  I'm sure he will explain later.. sorry for the tinfoil-hattery.  I though maybe the feds were about to do something to the Browns, and wanted to disable the connection of the person most likely to give early warning, or something like that.

NO need to apologize for tin-foil hats. I can't think of anything Beavis did to warrant being raided but YOU NEVER KNOW and I'm glad someone is caring enough to worry about others like that. Mike's helped me in the past and I really like Mike.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: ArcRiley on September 05, 2007, 02:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on September 05, 2007, 02:26 PM NHFT

If he was worried about the feds coming in and taking stuff he would have wiped the logs, but there would be no reason to wipe public information such as the forums themselves.  If he had wiped the sites entirely the IP addresses would still ping.  He undoubtedly has a UPS backup in case of power outages.

So one of three things is likely to have happened; a severe server crash, preventing it from booting.  He believed something was going to happen and didn't have time to just wipe the logs, so he wiped everything.  Or men with guns and a warrant showed up and took the servers.

The 410 means that the server hosting that site is still up but was pulling it's data from a source which is no longer available.  That could mean a different server which is no longer online (ie, it was taken).

I saw the 410 Gone response several days ago; it's unrelated to anything that happened today, I think.

A 410 isn't usually returned if something up and goes missing. In Apache, at least, it has to be specifically configured to be returned for a URL. When things just go missing, Apache returns 404 Not Found, and if a server is proxying to another box, and that target box goes down, it's usually a 503 Service Unavailable or some other 5xx error returned.

error

It looks like we were hit by some kind of denial of service attack today. I'm still investigating and will report information as I can. But the sites are back up.

The other site intentionally returns a 410 because some smaller search engines are stupid and can't understand a 301 that's been in place for over a year.